SCAR Antarctic Fellowship
Exciting news for aspiring early career researchers! The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research is thrilled to introduce the SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023. Imagine being one of the select few chosen for this prestigious fellowship, where your passion for Antarctic exploration will be fueled with fellowship awards of up to USD $15,000.
The SCAR Antarctic Fellowship thoughtfully caters to Ph.D. students or individuals who have completed their Ph.D. within the last five years. This remarkable opportunity allows you to engage in cutting-edge research at renowned international laboratories, field facilities, and institutes.
Key Highlights of the Fellowship Program
Conducted by- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
Name of fellowship- SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
Objective- To encourage the active involvement of early career researchers
Benefits- Up to USD $15,000 per award
Eligibility Criteria- The Ph.D. degree holder
Official Website- SCAR
Benefits of SCAR Antarctic Fellowship
- According to the details, we will award these fellowships to four to five researchers, and each fellow will receive USD 15,000.
- In addition to the substantial financial support, successful candidates will have the chance to claim up to three to four awards.
- Notably, the home institute of the fellows will cover all in-home country expenses, including visa costs and domestic travel.
- Host institute to waive bench fees if any.
Eligibility Criteria for SCAR Fellowship
- Applicants should either be current Ph.D. researchers or within the five-year period of completing their Ph.D.
- Eligible candidates must be planning to visit a research facility located in or operated by a SCAR member country that differs from both their country of origin and their current country of residence.
- Applicants should demonstrate a clear commitment to contributing to the objectives of one or more of the SCAR Science groups, which encompass a wide range of scientific disciplines, including the humanities and social sciences.
Documents Required For Application Proposal
- Research proposal
- Home Institute agreement and reference
- Host Institute agreement
- Guidance on elements of the application
- Guidance on the valuation process
Evaluation of SCAR Fellowship
- Quality of the proposal (35%)
- Relevance to SCAR and COMNAP activities and/or Groups (25%)
- Does the proposal help build capacity in a country that would most benefit: (20%)
- Is the study largely self-contained: (10%)
- Is the study feasible in the time estimated and will it likely lead to publication: (10%)
Application Process for SCAR Fellowship
- The first step is to visit the official website of SCAR
- The home page will appear on the screen where you can search and click on the SCAR Program
- You will now be redirected to the online application form page.
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form
- After filling in all the details click on the submit button for final submission.
We will soon update the last date to fill the Fellowship Online Application Form.
Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research,
Scott Polar Research Institute,
University of Cambridge,
Cambridge, CB2 1ER, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1223 336550