Exciting news for scholars! The Karnataka Government has issued the application form for the SSP Scholarship. It is an opportunity for students coming from SC/ST and OBC categories, to pursue their education within Karnataka’s borders. From the 9th grade to the postgraduate level, this scholarship opens doors to excellence. The Karnataka Government Scholarship seeks to uplift economically disadvantaged students by providing them with the necessary financial backing. It’s worth noting that the eligibility criteria include an annual family income of 3 lakhs per year and a commendable 40 percent of seats reserved for our talented girls.
- The Social Welfare Department
- Tribal Welfare Department
- Backward Classes Department
- Minority Welfare Department
Karnataka Government Scholarship Eligibility
SSP Post Metric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirants must belong to SC, OBC, ST, or any other minority community to be eligible for the scholarship application.
- 30% reservation is provided for girls applying for the scholarship.
- Candidates need to have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their previous educational qualification; applications with less than 50% will not be considered.
- The family income should not exceed INR 2,00,000, as per the guidelines set by the government of Karnataka.
- Applicants should be from Karnataka or have a domicile in Karnataka.
- Candidates must be pursuing either class 11, class 12, BCom, or ITI courses to apply for the post-matric scholarship via SSP portal.
Pre-Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must belong to a specific category such as OBC, SC, ST, or any other minority community to be eligible for pre-matric scholarships.
- Candidates should be studying from class 1 to class 10 to qualify for pre-matric scholarships.
- Students meeting the primary requirements for the scholarship can apply through both the portals NSP and SSP.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their last examination, except for class 1, which requires no such requirement.
- Scholarships are also awarded based on the financial need of the candidates, and their family income should not exceed INR 1,00,000.
- They grant scholarships to students who belong to financially weak backgrounds.
- Aspirants fulfilling all the criteria and eligible for the scholarship must apply through both portals, i.e., NSP and SSP.
- The scholarship is focused on students from Karnataka, so applicants must domicile in Karnataka.
SSP Scheme Benefits
Students pursuing an MPhil degree will receive INR 8000 after completing the course and research work. Students pursuing a Ph.D. degree will receive INR 10,000 upon completing the course.
The SSP Scholarship program covers primary expenses such as tuition fees, books, and materials.
Application Procedure for SSP Scholarship Login
- Registration (only once) – No registration process is required if you have received a scholarship through SSP Login in the previous year.
- Login to the state scholarship portal and submit the application until the e-Attestation stage.
- Click on the e-Attestation portal and e-Attest your documents from the designated e-Attestation officer of your college to obtain the document IDs.
- Apply again to the SSP Login Portal, enter the document IDs, and complete the application submission process.
- Check the SSP Scholarship Status on the official website.
The Last Date for the SSP Scholarship will be updated soon.