JM Sethia Scholarship Scheme
The JM Sethia Scholarship Scheme is an academic aid program designed to benefit students from poor backgrounds who want to study further. These scholarships can be availed by students in their 9th, 10th, and 11th class, as well as students who are pursuing post-graduation. To be eligible for the scheme, a student must have obtained 75% marks in their ninth and tenth classes and 65% in humanities. After graduation, a student must have attained a total mark of 60% or 50%.
The scholarship is distributed by the JM Sethia Charitable Trust. It was established in 1997 and is material to any person. In order to apply for JM Sethia Scholarship Scheme the student must have passed the previous year’s or current academic year’s pass assessment. The selection board at an elevated level will determine the list of eligible students. If selected, the student will have to submit a coherence declaration quarterly and produce a statement of A/C. The scholarship amount must be spent solely on studies.
JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
This scholarship scheme has been divided into 4 categories.
- Class 9th, 10th Students in with overall 75% marks in class 8th.
- Class 11th and 12th Students in with overall 75% Marks in class 10th
- Graduation Students in with overall 75% marks in Science/Commerce stream and overall 65 % marks (in Humanities/Arts stream in class 12th
- Students post-graduation Students should have overall 60% marks aggregate in Science & Commerce) and 50% marks in Humanities/Arts in graduation
JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Amount
|Category A : INR 400 per month for 2 years to 15 students|
|Category B: INR 500 per month for 2 years to 15 students|
|Category C: INR 600 per month for 2 or 3 years to 15 students|
|Category D: INR 700 per month for 2 or 3 years to 10 students|
All Essential Documents Required
- Parents Income Proof Certificate
- Last year examination passed
- If students are from OBC/SC/ST, then they need to fasten the certificate of the same.
How To Apply Online for JM Sethia Merit Scholarship ?
To apply for the scheme, aspirants must pass the qualifying examination for the course they are pursuing. Applicants must have passed the exam for the current academic year. Candidates who have qualified the qualifying exam last year are also ineligible. Interested applicants can fill the application form online or download it from the official website
JM SETHIA CHARITABLE TRUST (Regd. & Head Office),
133, Biplabi Rash Behari Basu Road, 3rd Floor, Room No. 15, Kolkata-700 001
Gandhi House, 5th Floor, 16, Ganesh Chandra Avenue, Kolkata-700 013
Phone: +91-93397 93153, +91-33-2236-0368 / 67