About the Doctoral Programme
The head department of the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai has invited The Institute of Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Programme 2023 Online Application Form for the scholars who hold Ph.D. Degree. All the concerned and eligible students must check here for complete eligibility criteria, selection process, benefits, and other related details of the application form carefully and fill the Scholarship Online Application Form before the last date with the help of the procedure mentioned below.
About the Programme
Name of Organization: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
Name of program: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Programme
Written below are the benefits of the IMSC Programme:
- A candidate will receive a combined fellowship of INR 25,000 to INR 28,000 per month which includes hostel accommodation or a house rent allowance, medical assistance, annual book or emergency scholarships, and sustenance for investigation-related travel.
- Partnerships are rehabilitated yearly and are awarded for upto 5 years. They are completely based on performance measured by a faculty committee.
- The Organization delivers several leisure facilities such as a well-equipped gym, yoga room, table tennis room, tennis and badminton courts, and much more.
Applicants should have completed and hold a Ph.D. degree in their respective disciplines.
Procedure to Apply
- Applicants should have an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in the sciences, mathematics, or an engineering discipline.
- Students with a UG degree enter an integrated Ph.D. program.
- The method to the IMSc graduate research program is through an interview.
- Applicants are pre-screened through their enactment in a national level qualifying examination which are JEST, NBHM, GATE, NET, BINC, and JGEEBILS (Computational Biology); NBHM (Mathematics); JEST (Theoretical Computer Science); JEST, CSIR-UGC, GATE (Theoretical Physics).
- Kindly prepare the application along with resume and other necessary documents and send the application and all following post to:
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
IV Cross Road, CIT Campus
Chennai 600 113
Tamil Nadu, India.
- After reviewing the candidate’s application form, a selection will be based on experience, qualifications, and skills & knowledge.
- During the interview, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Programme will be evaluating candidates in the ability to think freely and creatively.
- During the written test, the candidate will be examined in the following subjects:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computational Biology
- Theoretical Physics
For more data about the scholarship program, visit their Official Website.
The customer service is available from Monday to Friday, except public holidays from 0930 hours to 1800 hours For more information about the Doctoral program, kindly pay a visit to
If you have any queries related to The Institute of Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Programme you would like to ask, please leave them in the comment box below and our team shall reply as soon as possible.