SERB Start-up Research Grant
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology under the Government of India has activated the online application form for the SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021 in its official web portal.The researchers selected for the SRG arrangement will receive a grant of INR 30 lakh plus outlays for 2 years.
It is a two-year scholarship meant to enable academics working in frontier areas ofengineering and science to start themselves and move on to the typical core research funding. The selection criteria would be based on the track record of the candidate and the future investigation plan.
All eligible and concerned students are advised to go through the following information to know more about educational qualification, age criteria, the document needed, and applying procedure. Applicants may apply for Start-up Research Scholarship 2021through the authorized website mentioned at the bottom of the page.
About the Scholarship
- A maximum number of endowmentsgiven per year would be 500 across all subject areas.
- This scholarship would be a one-time career grant.
- Research grant of INR 30 lakh plus expenses for 02 years.
- The research funding will cover equipment, consumables, manpower,travel, and eventuality apart from overheads.
- The candidate has the suppleness to suggest a budget under various heads as per the condition.
Eligibility for SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021
Educational Qualification: The applicant should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc. degree.
The candidate must hold a regular academic/research position in a known academic organization or national laboratories or any other standard R&D institutions.
The applicant is qualified to apply within 2 years of joining the organization.
Age Limit:They should not be over 42 years of age (Note: A relaxation of 3 years for SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged and female candidates are applicable)
Nationality: Applicants should beIndian citizens.Co-PIs are not acceptable except in the case of foreign nationals.
Call for applications will be informed through the official websites those are www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in.
The application should be submitted online at www.serbonline.in.
Dates to Remember
The start date of the application is 01 February 2021.
The last date to submit the application form is 01 March 2021.
- All written documents should be submitted in the form of PDF.
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Authorization Letter from the Head of Foundation
- Age Evidence Certificate (Class X mark sheet or Birth certificate)
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
How to apply for SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021?
- Applicants should first visit the official web portal of SERB i.e. www.serbonline.in.
- Once you see the homepage, the candidate should register themselves by clicking on the ‘click here to register’ tab.
- Once login is done, candidates are supposed to fill all the compulsory fields such as user profile, Biodata, photo, Address, etc.
Selection will be based on the endorsements of the Expert Committee established by the Board.
Address:Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall,
Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110 070
For General Enquiries, please make a call at:
For Program Linked information:
Email at: email@example.com
Project Related: Ms. Charu Rawat