Check here the complete list of the IIT Scholarships 2020. Engineering is one of the most inspired careers, especially in India. Every student who dreams of being an engineer wants to be part of IIT. In the last 5 years, there has been a premier hike in the fee structure of IIT. This is one of the major reasons for the students lacking in financial resources.
Fortunately, to support your dreams, the Government of India has issued several government scholarships for the IIT Students depending upon the family income. As we know, only a student who cracks JEE Advanced is eligible to be a part of IIT along with the 12th Class percentage.
In this article, we have shared the list of different government scholarships available for IIT students in India including eligibility and benefits under the scholarship.
Different Government Scholarships are available for IIT Students-
1) Inspire Scholarship: – Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (Inspire), this scholarship is basically for inspiring students of basic science i.e. B.Sc. or 5 Year integrated M.Sc. course.
- The age group for the applicants must be within 17-22 years.
- Interested applicant must be among the top 1% in terms of aggregate marks in class 12 board exam.
- The applicant must be among the top 10,000 rankers in JEE.
2) MCM Scholarship: – MCM stands for Merit cum Means Scholarship. It is specially meant for the students belonging to minority communities such as Sikhs, Christians, Muslims, Jains, Parsis, etc. and want to take part in B.tech courses.
- The applicant must belong to the minority group and must be studying in a government or government-aided higher secondary school.
- The income of the parents should not be more than Rs. 2,50,000 annually.
- Also, the students must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Class 12th examination.
1) KVPY Scholarship: – KVPY stands for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana. It also aims to help students who want to pursue B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees and are not from a stable background.
- Applicants should have secured 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in Class 10th in Mathematics and Science and 60% marks in Class 12th.
- After this consideration, the candidates will be called to appear for an Aptitude test followed by an Interview.
- Students will be selected for the scholarship on the basis of the combined performance in both Aptitude test and Interview.
2) NTSE Scholarship: – NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination. This examination is conducted by NCERT to provide scholarships to deserving applicants. The exam is conducted in two different stages, the eligibility of both are as follows:
Eligibility for Stage 1:
- The applicants must have secured minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) in Class 10.
- The age of the candidate must be below 18 years and are not employed when appeared for the Class X exam.
Eligibility for Stage 2:
- Applicants must have secured 80% marks in the state-level exam.
- Also, he/she has to secure a minimum required mark in stage II to be eligible for the scholarship.
3) Central Sector Scholarship: – A fellowship introduced by the Central Government & Ministry of Human Resources Development named as Central Sector Scholarship Scheme provided to the graduate and other applicants.
- The scholarship is available only for those who have secured a minimum of 80% in class 12.
- Also, your JEE Main score will be considered to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The overall income of the family should not exceed Rs 2 lakhs per annum.
- Furthermore, the applicants whose family income is less than Rs 8 lakh per annum can avail Rs 10,000 per annum for the first three years and Rs 20, 000 per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
As we know opting graduation in engineering is one of the crucial stages for the development of society and student itself. In such a scenario, restricting your education to a certain point is not virtuous. Thus, our government is aiding students with above-mentioned scholarships and several other scholarships which are different for different states to help students in achieving their dream career.
These scholarships are based on the merit list, previous standard’s scores and their families’ annual income of the interested applicants. Fulfilling the eligibility criteria will ease out your financial obstacles and help you get the best of it.