Government of India Internship List
Are you a student or recent graduate looking to gain valuable work experience in the Indian government? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will provide you Government of India Internship List available in India. Whether you aspire to work in policymaking, public administration, research, or other government-related fields, these internships can be a stepping stone toward achieving your career goals. Let’s dive in and explore the exciting opportunities that await you.
The internship programs in the Government of India Internship List offer a unique opportunity for students and graduates to gain practical knowledge, hands-on experience, and a deeper understanding of how the Indian government functions. These internships provide exposure to various government departments and ministries, enabling interns to contribute to meaningful projects while learning from seasoned professionals.
Importance of Government Internships
These Programs in the Government of India Internship List come with several advantages for aspiring individuals. They allow you to:
- Gain practical experience: Internships provide a platform to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios and develop practical skills relevant to your field of interest.
- Build professional networks: Working alongside experienced professionals and interacting with government officials opens doors to valuable connections that can support your future career endeavors.
- Explore career options: Internships expose you to different areas within the government sector, helping you discover your passion and narrow down your career path.
- Enhance your resume: Government internships add credibility to your resume, demonstrating your commitment to public service and your ability to work professionally.
- Above mentioned points show the importance of internships available in the Government of India Internship List.
Various Internship Programs by the Government of India
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Internship Program
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) offers internship program in Two terms every year. The first term program is in between April-September and a second term program is in between October-March.
- In 1 Term 14 States and 4 Union Territories are covered and in 2nd term other 14 states and 4 Union Territories are covered. You can check the list on official portal.
- Internship Duration-1-3 Months.
- For internship 30 Students are selected for this internship program.
- In this internship program the economy class flight expenditure is provided to students from their State Capital to Delhi and Delhi to State Capital.
- During this internship Rs 10,000/ month stipend is also provided to every student.
- MEA also look out that cultural diversity and gender equality is maintained in internship programs.
- Reserve Bank of India Internship Program
- RBI offers Summer Internship Program every year.
- Total 125 students are selected for this internship program and they are send in the regional offices of RBI.
Students must be enrolled in Management, law, Statistics, Commerce, Banking, and Finance courses.
- The Application from starts from 15th October-15th December every year and must be applied through official website.
- The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of application and interview. The interview is organized in RBI’s Regional Offices.
- Selected Candidates are notified in March end and Internship starts from 1st April. So this means if you want to do internship in summers of 2024 then you have to apply in 2023.
- Candidates are appointed in Regional Offices of RBI.
- Shortlisted Candidates will get stipend of Rs 20,000/ month.
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- This Government Internship Program is for LLB Students and is organized every month.
- 30 Students are selected for this internship program.
- For this internship 3rd year law students can apply in 2nd and 3rd year of their course. In same way 5th year law students can apply in 3rd and 5th year of their course.
- Candidates can apply through official portal of the ministry.
- After selection candidates are appointed under different officers, sections or offices.
- They are also appointed in Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore State Branch offices.
- Selected candidates will get Rs 5000 stipend every month.
- NITI Aayog Internship Scheme
- NITI Aayog, the premier think tank of the Indian government. This department offers an internship program that focuses on policy formulation, research, and development.
- This internship program is a good opportunity to know the working culture of NITI AYOG.
- This internship program is organized every month.
- Candidates can apply from 1st-10th of every month on official website.
- For this internship candidates must be enrolled in Undergraduate or Post Graduate Course. If you course result is announced then you can apply within 6 months of result announcement.
- Candidates must have scored 70% in their respective course.
- The duration for this internship program is of minimum 1.5 months and 6 months. No stipend is provided in this Government Internship Scheme.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- This ministry issue internship under its agency Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
- Students of Management, Law, Economics, and Finance can apply for this scholarship.
- Time Duration is of 2 months.
- Application process starts in April and selection committee select the students for this internship.
- Candidates are posted in Delhi and they get stipend of Rs 10,000/month.
- Competition Commission of India
- Students enrolled in Commission, Economics, Law, MA & MSc, CA professional course are eligible for this internship.
- Time Duration for this internship program is 1 month, 2month and 6 months
- If you want to do internship in July 2023 then you should apply for this internship in June 2023.
- You send application on official address of the commission.
Government Internships in India open doors to invaluable experiences, knowledge, and career opportunities. They provide a unique platform for students and recent graduates to contribute to nation-building while gaining practical skills and expanding their professional networks. Whether you aspire to work in diplomacy, finance, policymaking, or social welfare, there is a government internship program suited to your interests. Don’t miss out on these enriching experiences that can shape your future. Start exploring the available opportunities and take a step towards a rewarding career in the Indian government.